Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How Often Do You Change Your Case?

• Several X A Week

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Several X A Month

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Several X A Year

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Only Use One

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Don't Use A Case

Votes: 14 26.4%

• Total voters

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I see that cases for iphones are like shoes for women: you can never have enough.

How often do you change your case? Vote in the poll and respond here too if you like.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I bought two cheap £1.99 TPU cases from eBay because I don't like any part of the case missing round the sides and the cases I bought were the only ones I could find that had all round protection (including the back) that looked nice. I have an SGP Linear metallic on the way so I've bought three since I've owned an iPhone 5.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
I switch between my black and my green Belkin grip sheer cases and my speck burton fabshell probably a couple times a month.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I change it when I need some different functionality.

For example - when I am going on a day trip to the city - I use my phonesuit for the extended battery since I know I am going to be using maps and the web a lot to research things. On the average work day I use a griffin reveal because I have a clear transparent back and it provides just enough protection but keeps it slim. I just got a life proof for days I need more ruggedness - going to the beach or going hiking or something.

dw3bb10

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2008
Ive been rocking an Otterbox Commuter since October 19th. Thinking about picking up a new case now.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Put on a case for 2 weeks then decided to take it off because it became so bulky. Never had a case since then. :)

iphoneIA

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
Iowa
I but on a White Otterbox Communter case on my white iPhone 5 the second day I had it and I don't thin I will take this one off. I like the look and my phone is pretty well protected. My iPhone 4 I changed cases more then I changed underwear;)

Estes

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2012
Somerville, AL
When it needs to be replaced.

Ditto. I like to kayak and completely destroyed an Otterbox when my drybag took a spill once (iPhone was 100% fine). So I just got it replaced with another one; I plan to keep it on there until it shatters too.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
From day one my 5 went into a OtterBox Defender, no plans to take it out.

I'm not a huge fan of the defender, but I see them everywhere; it is indeed a very popular case.

----------

I but on a White Otterbox Communter case on my white iPhone 5 the second day I had it and I don't thin I will take this one off. I like the look and my phone is pretty well protected. My iPhone 4 I changed cases more then I changed underwear;)

Very nice, it looks like you've found a keeper. No issues with the phone sliding about? The back looks to be fairly slippery?

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I changed mine (ip5) three times since launch day . I keep my griffin survivor on there now. I don't plan on changing it. I bought a defender but returned it, built in screen protector is unusable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.