how often do you run out of battery in 1 day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by NateJamesMeyers, May 20, 2011.

1. NateJamesMeyers macrumors member

the title says it all. :D

oh and what are you usually doing that runs it down so fast

2. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

i have never needed to recharge after 1 day of use. i only use it about 3-4hrs a day so im usually good with a full charge for 2-3 days. Its only used for light internet browsing and games.

3. CANOLArabbit macrumors newbie

i use it for school, and am on it constantly for textbooks, internet, calculations, ...games. etc. I'd say i use it for 6-8 hrs a day. i have never gotten beneath 45% on my ipad. except once when i forget to charge it. :p

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Never. I've had the battery run down once and that was deleberate and took 3 days. Even using it almost all day on a lazy Saturday I still had plently of battery at the end of the day. The battery life is one of the most fantastic things about the devise, especially compared to my Iphone 4.

5. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

i've run it down once - on a set of flights that lasted from 4pm to 2pm the next day.
    luckly, i had packed a travel charger that also carries an 8,000mah battery.

6. seanpholman macrumors regular

7. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Hasn't happened yet. Most I've drained in one day is 50% when I used it on the plane on a trip.

8. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I usually have the "problem" of getting it under 20% at least once a month to condition the battery...usually I'll have an idea of when I'll want to use it for a long period of time, and I'll make sure it's charged up in those cases.

Otherwise, I let it slip down to maybe low 30's before I recharge. Right now I'm at 42%, and this could easily last me the rest of the night, and be able to charge back up overnight.

9. iLucas macrumors 6502

Before the last week hardly ever, but i've been taking the iPad to school everyday this week and the battery has run out each day after being used nonstop all day playing games.

10. Mitch2742 macrumors member

I don't think I've ever run out in one day, which is pretty impressive because I use it A LOT. Ha.

11. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Never. I'm on 3 days traveling with it on the same charge, included a 6 hr plane flight where it got a lot of use shows 23% right now.

12. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

It never happened with my iPad 1. I'll let you know how i get on with my new iPad 2.

13. DeViAnThans3 macrumors member

About once a day so far (only have it a few days), but I used it pretty intensively writing reports in pages, researching stuff, watching a movie in the evening...

I guess when I get more used to it, it'll be about every 2 days or so ... :)

14. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

I'm still breaking inn my battery still need to run more cycles then I'll calibrate it..the battery last darn good :) i charge it after like 2 days or so..

15. Figuru macrumors newbie

I have charged my ipad during the night and at 3 in the afternoon I still have 69% left. If I use it for a lot of TV watching over wifi it will not even be empty before midnight.

I am a bit surprised to read that only a few empty their battery. It happens to me almost every week. Maybe because we are the 4 of us to use it.... all day long...

16. patp Guest

iPad 1 here and never even come close to using battery up in one day. Usually get 1.5 to 2 full days and with moderate usage.

17. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Haven't yet. I'm usually good for 5-6 days between charges. I am taking it on a flight for the first time this weekend, so this could be the first! :)

18. foiden macrumors 6502a

Very very rarely. I've done it maybe twice or three times since I first got the iPad 1. The iPad 2 seems to have the same longevity. However, this is what I did the first time.

Actually run movies, videos, and stuff for over 11 hours in one day. (Benchmarking the battery).

The only other times is if I actually have a real long session of intensive gaming for quite a few hours before it would drain. However, we're still talking over 5 hours, though I haven't perfectly benchmarked it. Usually, if full, I never even worry about draining the battery within a day even with intensive stuff.

What is the most intensive software I've run? Basically the higher graphic 3D applications, like.

1. Infinity Blade.
    2. Deep space.
    3. Dungeon Defenders (oddly, one of the highest demanding games, in particular for Disk space. Most games, particularly on the install, take way less.)
    4. Real racing 2.
    5. Order & chaos online.

There's more, but those are the general area of software that seems the most demanding. However, even running those games, the battery still lasts a lot longer than anything else, I've seen, running 3D gaming of that caliber. Even better, it generally remains cool. The HDMI connector, itself, seems to be warmer than the iPad even when doing the Real Racing 2 1080P mode.

During normal use, when I use it fairly often, we're talking 3 days between charges.

19. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I use it all day and it needs to be charged nightly.

20. bmat macrumors 6502

Never, but rarely is there enough charge left at the end of the day so that I could go two days without charging. Hence, it is charged every night.

Just depends on usage. I have friends that stopped using theirs after a few months -- or use it a lot less -- and can go a whole week. But I don't know anyone (although no doubt such people exist) who uses it so much that the charge completely runs out by the end of the day.

21. iThinman macrumors regular

I've been up for 3.5 hours. Started at 100%, at 71% now.

My definition of 'all day' must be different. ;) I typically need to charge around 4pm or so...

22. drjsway macrumors 6502a

Almost every single day but I usually use it 12+ hours.

23. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Hubby goes 3-4 days without charging his, I charge mine nightly. Unless I'm gaming heavily (Order & Chaos, Dead Space, etc), I rarely run lower than 80% on any typical moderate use day (mostly reading / note taking / couple casual games).

24. whitesands macrumors newbie

On the days I use it a lot, i.e. Not switching it off other than when going for something to eat, it needs charging after about 10/12 hours