Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DO YOU USE SERI

• Total voters

pr0230

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
I tried using Seri for the first time about a week ago. Seri can recognize my commands, and I really really wanted to start using it, but could not find a practical use... The thing I used it for was to facetime people. I could say FaceTime NAME and sure enough it would happen.... But how hard is it to push FaceTime and press the individuals name on the screen...

IF you use Seri, what do you use it for?

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
not so much on ipad but on iphone:

-"set alarm for [time / specific # of minutes]"
-"set timer for [duration]"
-"text [name(s)] [message]" "no, change message" "CHANGE MESSAGE" :eek: "CHANGE MESSAGE [MESSAGE] :mad:. "send" :)

ETechMaster2002

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2016
I mainly use Siri on my iPad for jokes and stuff. Like if I have my iPad right next to me and my iPhone is in the kitchen than yeah, I'll use it. I do use almost all the time on my iPhone though. :)

Mike B in ok

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2015
Oklahoma
I use Siri sometimes to make a reminder when I'm in a hurry or on the move. She often mangles the wording of my reminder because she misunderstood me, but I usually can figure it out. But there actually have been a couple of reminders I could not decipher!

Other than that, I seldom use it. I do that fairly often on my phone, but rarely on my iPad, which doesn't leave the house unless I take it on a trip.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
All the time to set reminders, alarms, ask for directions, ask for the time, and make calls.

But as a night owl, what I ask for the most by far is the hours that stores/restaurants will close.

sjleworthy

macrumors 68000
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
personally, i feel self aware and a bit of a dork in public talking to my device. it wouldnt be so bad if we could change the name from 'siri' to something more custom.

so no, i dont use it.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
...it wouldnt be so bad if we could change the name from 'siri' to something more custom.

+1

Like "Diane".

IMG_0964.JPG

Commy1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Only when I accidentally hold the home button longer than I should..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.