how often do you use your iPhone for Internet at home even though you have a desktop?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snook911, Dec 21, 2007.

1. snook911 macrumors 6502a

Just wondering how many people like me sit in bed at night a cruise the Internet for hours even though I could be using the computer. Its 11:30pm right now and I have been using my iPhone since about 8:30pm. Thats just about every night 3 to 4 hours of iPhone before bed. What do you guys think is that normal iPhone usage?

2. brooker macrumors regular

ha ha... i'm with you. i read a few blogs (like this one) to wind down, and the iPhone is less bright/intrusive to my wife, than a laptop. Also, sometimes i need to walk around the house holding my baby, and iPhone works great for monitoring email or checking web pages at those times. i also use it to check traffic on the free way as i leave my house, so i can plan a good route.

so yeah, i have a mac pro and a powerbook in the house, but often just use my iPhone for convenience.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Its a great bed browser. Use to bring the macbook, but a couple times I fell asleep with it and was worried about it falling off the bed. Now if its not tv or a book, I usually do a little browsing in bed.

Another place I find myself using it is in the bathroom. Easy to take in, use and conceal on the way out. Embarrassed to admit it, but hey, I know I am not the only one.

4. emotion macrumors 68040

emotion

I use it all the time around the house instead of my macbook.

I wonder how many N95 owners would say they use their phone for browsing instead of their Dell laptops? (all N95 owners have PCs right? :) )

5. nlivo macrumors 6502a

all the time. I like to just browse some websites whilst sitting infront of the TV. Sometimes if I'm watching a movie and it gets pretty boring, pull out the old touch and browse some websites. I love it.

6. gjosho macrumors newbie

Thinking about returning mine cos I can't use it in the bath (Hee! Hee!) but then I would be naked without it. Hands up everyone who has missed a meal or two because of it? Or not answered the landline? Or ignored the doorbell?

7. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

I use mine all the time, I have to say since I got my iPhone, I have used my mac about 70% less, no need to check my mail on the mac, no need toi buy songs on the mac, I can web browse, etc etc

8. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48a Safari/419.3)

all the time. My son started playing games on my mac but now it doesnt bother me as I chill out on the couch with my phone.

9. Gonzlobo Suspended

Never. Why fuss with the touch keyboard when there's a perfectly good laptop (with flash & real apps) in my backpack?

10. memesmith macrumors regular

All the time!

I hardly ever use my Mac Mini now. Pretty much everything I do online works only phone. So unless I need to see the occasional flash movie, the computer stays off. It just seems to take an age to start up compared to the always ready iPhone.

11. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Constantly.

It is fanastic for when you are on the couch and then remember a site you where going to check out earlier in the day, don't even have to get up.

12. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Well, I have an iPod Touch, but I do the same thing. When I'm able to be at the desktop, I am, but if I'm watching TV or anything I'm using my iPod. :)

13. suimpreza16 macrumors newbie

a lot. I am sitting by my mac desktop right now but I prefer to kick back on the couch with my iPhone. I also use it a lot right before bed too.

14. BigPrince macrumors 68020

My iPhone is my alarm clock and its the first thing I grab to read the online paper.

15. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

Occasionally, to look up a movie time, or check the weather and e-mail. For extensive web browsing I use my Mac so that I can have many tabs open at the same time in Safari.

16. atarin macrumors regular

All the time! I'm a little lazy. :eek: I spend most of my precious little time at home in the kitchen, and I have to go upstairs to use my iMac, so if I just want to check email or surf a little, then I just use the iPhone. It's easier.

17. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

i love the convinence of the web browser

i use it all the time i can name 10 places where i use it regulary and its brillaint.

at home i do a bit if im just back for a few minutes before i shoot off again or if im with someone and just check my mail quickly.

i do find myself staying up till silly hours in bed on youtube though. it quickly goes past 2/3am before i know it.

18. vinylkiller macrumors member

Yeah ttly get you on this,I ly in bed watching my sky and surfing the web on my iPhone its great I purposely leave my wireless on over night

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You know, someone needs to make a device like the iPhone that is completely waterproof. I'd love to take one in a hot tub or shallow scuba diving.:D

20. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Using my PowerBook about 50% less since I got the iPhone...If I want to ass a long post to a forum or type a REALLY long email or navigate to a "flash-based" site, I will opt for the mac book but otherwise it's the iPhone...:D:apple:

One more thing...I LOVE having the iPhone when I am shopping with my S/O and standing around while she is trying on all sorts of clothes and asking me if the particular apparel "makes her bum look big"...I just look up from the iPhone and reply "no dear, you look ravishing...truly!" Then it's back to the web on the iPhone...LOL

21. Eddiestein macrumors member

Constantly.

I also like to use it in bed. And sometimes I'll go lay down on the couch with my dog and use it.

22. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

I LOVE using mine in the bathroom; some people grab a newspaper... a magazine. I grab my iPhone :) (YAY. First post)

23. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

its between my 17 inch windowws vista laptop and this 15inch old as crap PowerBook g4 to use a personal computer around the house.

I often use my iphone instead because it is almost always on and it starts up the fastest of the 3. Infact the only computer that gets any where neer as much use as my iphone is my PS3.

24. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Well because the room of my primary TV dosent have a cpu, I lay around and use my phone with WiFi. Also, occasionally I check stocks, weather, email, and installer, and when I wake up, I check my sports scores and news.

25. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

Well, since there is zero AT&T reception at my house, I never use the iPhone's internet in my house.

I slept a couple nights at a friends house in a seattle a few weeks ago, and I remember laying in bed late at night, and the weird feeling of looking at my phone and seeing 5 bars AT&T + EDGE. For me, it's always something that i've associated with being out of the house.