How often do you wipe off or clean any part of your MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Julius Caesar, Jul 1, 2011.

?

How many times a month do you clean your MBP?

1. Less than once a month

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 1-3 times a month

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. 4-6 times a month

10 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. More than 6 times a month

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Julius Caesar macrumors newbie

This one is for the folks who are nearly obsessive about keeping their favorite gear in like-new condition for it's whole life. How often to do you clean any part of your macbook pro?

Notes: Count the number of times in a month you've cleaned either the keyboard, screen, or outside body and vote in the appropriate range. Count any method of cleaning, e.g. swiping it down with a dry cloth, using a feather duster or air duster, or wiping it with sprayable liquid cleaning solution.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Hardly ever which is not a poll option.

Its in great shape, no scratches nothing. I've wiped dust off from time to time, but I can't really say that's "cleaning it"

3. cinek macrumors 6502

keyboard, screen & outside body every week to get the dust off

4. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I'm answering for my laptop but it'll be the same when I get my MBP. I wipe the whole body down about once/week to keep the dust off it. I also wipe the screen with a screen cleaner of some sort and a microfiber cloth because I hate when it gets those little spots on it from sneezing, coughing, talking, or sometimes in the case of my current laptop I think just looking at the dang thing! LOL! I am ultra-anal about my screen because I don't like looking through gunk.

5. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Your keyboard is one of the most filthy items in your home or office. The keyboard harbors germs that can make you or others very sick. They often are worse than toilets. Feel free to do a Google search to read articles on the subject.

There was an article I read that stated keyboards in labs (college, high school, library) had enough germs to qualify as a health hazzard! :eek:

I can't image cleaning your MBP only a few times a month. YUCK!

Cleaning your computer is not only good for the computer but its good for YOU.

Cheers!

-P

6. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I have one of the Moshi keyboard covers that I wash once a month but that's it. The Bodyguardz kit and SGP screen protector take care of everything else.

7. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Oh, just every few... seconds :p

Seriously though, I would say less than once a month. Although I do try to keep the laptop clean in the first place.

8. MacBookPr0 macrumors regular

all i do is wipe the dust off and mines in like new condition

9. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Meh,ill wipe it down once or twice a month but nothing else unless there's a noticeable aesthetic problem. If you don't eat and put greasy hands on the thing nor take it outside where dust can get in it, I don't see how you would need to clean it aside from natural oils from your fingers and palms.

10. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I clean my screen at least twice a week; I keep a bottle of monoprice cleaner on my desk. I have a clear hardcandy case, and take it off maybe every other week to clean under it. And clean my keyboard most everytime I do my screen.

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

12. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Nobody touches my MBP keyboard but me, and I'm a habitual hand-washer. I do get the oogies when I must use someone else's keyboard, though... who knows where their fingers have been...

I use a cotton terrycloth towel that's either dampened or sprayed with Windex to wipe down my whole MBP every few days. Keeps it sparkling. I'll do this at home and and in hotels. I don't like spots and dust on my lovely MBP.

13. nwcs macrumors 65816

nwcs

Rarely. Whenever it needs it which is rarely. I think I've done it twice this year so far.

14. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

i usually run a cloth by the screen and keys briefly every two weeks or so. i haven't cleaned any dust out of the insides or anything like that yet.

15. th3goob macrumors regular

i clean mine every few days, im a neat freak =/

16. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

About once or twice a week, the area next to the trackpad always gets dirty for some reason.. :S

17. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

How often do I wipe my MacBook Pro down? Depends which websites I've been visiting...

18. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

19. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Mine sits in clamshell mode. I clean it maybe once in a few months with iKlear

20. surfologist87 macrumors 6502

When it gets dirty..

Lol about once a month. i have a microfiber cloth that came in a package for wiping your vehicles, and i saved one and i have a spray bottle of 91% alcohol and ill spray it on the outside and wipe it down. then the already damp with alcohol cloth ill wipe the screen and keys to get dust and oils off. good as new

21. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

22. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

Lol.

23. Jungiii, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

Jungiii macrumors member

edit

24. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro