How securely should headphones stay on your head?? (New B&W P5 owner)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jphealy, May 6, 2010.

1. jphealy macrumors member

I've just purchased the Bowers & Wilkins P5 headphones. I got them from the Apple online store without trying them before buying. I was very reluctant to do this, but, as they're exclusive to the Apple Store, and because we have no physical Apple Stores here in Ireland, I had little choice.

So far, I think they sound great, look great and feel great. They're my first pair of over-the-head 'phones. They're comfortable while on, but I've noticed that if I lean my head forward or backwards, they're inclined to slip, or even fall off. Is this normal for this type of headphone? I expected them to be a little more secure on my head - but maybe I'm crazy. I (think) I have a reasonably normally sized and shaped head.

2. Ctt713 macrumors member

I don't own them personally but I have tryed them in the Apple store. If they are not staying secure try to adjust them to make them tighter on the top of your head. I never had any issues with them falling off and I gave them a good listen. It may just be the shape of your head but generally headphones don't fall off unless you do something deliberate.

3. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Hate B&W P5 headphones!

I just sold some I bought 2 weeks ago new and found them to be too tight, gave me a headache after about 15 minutes of wearing them.

Also the contact patch with your ears is very large so after a while you sweat a bit which isn't good.

The sound was just so so, nothing special.

Didn't like the design actually, looked like there were too many wires visable going into the headphone unit on each side.

Just bought some Bose QC15 headphones and they are bliss, just sooo comfortable and headphones really should be very very comfortable.

4. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

The P5 shouldn't slide off your head like that. They should stay pretty well. I have tried about 5 different pairs of headphones and the P5 was by far the best mix of comfort and sound quality. It’s weird because I have never been a huge fan of B&W speakers but I love the P5. Try to adjust them some more but if they don't fit then you should probably send them back.