How should I check the health of my macbook pro's SSD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Good User, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Good User macrumors member

Good User

I have a kind of OCD to clean install the operating system so that I feel safe, I have done it more than 100 times on my macbook pro maybe more last week I have cleaned installed mac and windows on this laptop more that 10 times, How should I check the health or cycle count for my SSD?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

That's really excessive. You'll just be doing damage to it and you won't see any benefits. Plus you'll need to reinstall all your apps on every occasion. How do you ever get any work done? :eek:

Anyway, in answer to your question, you can check the SMART data/cycle count by downloading SMART Utility: https://cloudfront.volitans-software.com/smartutility323.zip

Just to let you know that some Apple/OEM SSDs will give a false 'Failed' health outcome. If you're unsure about anything, post a screenshot here.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

You should speak to a mental health professional about those compulsions if you haven't already.

4. robvas macrumors 68020

Plus the OS is what 8GB? 100 installs is 800GB which won't even make an SSD flinch.
    If you were talking 800TB...

5. Good User thread starter macrumors member

Good User

Thanks to anyone, I downloaded SMART Utility, It seems ok, anyway I am not healthy. I wish I died!

6. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

You won't have done any harm to the SSD, but you clearly have too much time on your hands!