How Should The Home Button Feel?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Certinfy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yesterday I was with some of my friends and I realised their iPod Touches and iPads had a more 'clicky' home button while mine is a little more 'mushy' (don't know any other words to use really).

Also my home button seems slightly more slanting to the left side, so when using it with my left hand it feels fine but when using it with my right it feels a little weird.

Is this normal?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I was on my friend's iPhone 4 the other day and noticed that the home buttom felt more "mushy" and loose. Seemed like I needed to make sure I pushed it all the way to have it work.

The button on my iPhone 4S, however, feels very sturdy and tightly in place and is more of a "clicky" feeling when pressed. I think it may have something to do with newer devices as in the past people complained of faulty home buttons a lot so maybe apple just made them sturdier in newer devices.

3. Certinfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Well I'm using a 4S that's about 2 weeks old. If I put my finger on the home button too and move it the home button will shake a little as well. Unlike your friend's iPhone 4 mine doesn't have to be pushed down all the way though, so seems a little weird.

Thanks mate, might take mine in if it gets on my nerves or something, really want a more clicky home button like yours.

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

My 4th gen iPod touch does feel a bit more "clicky" but I prefer the home button on my 4S. Haven't noticed any slanting on either one though.