How soon after the craziness can I he my hands on one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sgrrsh26, Oct 12, 2011.

1. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I wasn't ready for it during preorder and I don't plan on camping out at a store, so with a little patience how should I go about getting one? After the iPhone 4 how long were they sold out for? My 3G is decrepit

2. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I honestly don't believe, but I could be wrong, that you should have no problem getting this phone in the store after a couple of weeks. I'm upgrading the beginning of December and I don't anticipate having any problems obtaining one at all.

3. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

My guess is getting one on Friday at a retail store will be easier than many believe, and far easier than past releases.

Although I do believe you find shortages after that, remaining that way until Nov sometime.

Not really anything to stress about unless you can't live life without being an early adopter.

4. fanboy05 macrumors regular

I suspect by the end of november maybe even early mid november supply will catch up with demand.
    it really just depends on how many people are showing up each day. since preorders are 21-28 days out, it is possible that you can get one in a month or so if you dont get one on the 14th by going and waiting at a store.

5. sgrrsh26 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Although places like walmart will be selling them too

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

I bought my iphone4 three or four weeks after launch last year; I called the closest Apple store towards the end of my workday and they had some in stock. Went by after work and all was well.