How stable is the smart cover? Can I use it on the arm of a sofa?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Bag302, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Bag302 macrumors regular

I have my ipad 1 in an Acase folio http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Genuine-Leather-Winner-Tablet/dp/B003ZS0UXG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1300906300&sr=8-4

I use it on the arm of my sofa most of the time and it is very stable since it has a nice wide base in portrait, despite the sofa arm being soft leather. It's plenty wide though.

I'm deciding on a case for the Ipad 2, but the smart cover looks like it is much less stable and will topple over. I want it to work to keep the ipad 2 as thin as possible, but I need some input.

Can anyone provide their opinion on this? or a better solution?

Thanks

2. djkinetic macrumors regular

djkinetic

i use my smart cover on the edge of my bed, while im watchin a video and am too lazy to sit in my chair lol, overall its fine but just be careful if u knock it over then u got no protection from fall damage =/

3. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Prob not. I'd be very careful at least..the hinge switches easily, so the iPad can fall flat very very easily, on a rounded arm, could mean trouble.

4. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

Maybe apple should sell a table and some skinny jeans for us to kick up our legs and use our ipads with.

5. Bag302 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

6. celo48 macrumors 6502a

Unless he has SquareTrade coverage :D

7. Bag302 thread starter macrumors regular

Finally had a chance to try it out and it's a NO GO. Waaaaay too unstable on the couch.

Picked up a Targus 360 today and it's much better.