How stupid can one politician be?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by glocke12, May 1, 2008.

1. Desertrat macrumors newbie

He's certainly expressing a rather negative opinion of his fellow electees.

But, Hey! I've often wondered if many legislative votes would be quite different if they were secretly cast...

As for the title question, though, I don't think there is a lower limit. If there were a common-sense scale which parallelled the IQ scale, I'd say that if any of them hit 50, they oughta sell.

'Rat

2. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

You've not met Boris Johnson yet, obviously. He could be the next mayor of London. I am anxious.

3. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

I don't know...Tony Zirkle's (presumptive Republican House candidate) speech to an Indiana neo-Nazi group on Hitler's Birthday might just qualify...

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Where is the poll??

I don't see any choices??

[​IMG]

5. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

The only 'troubling' thing about this is that he doesn't seem to have a high regard for his fellow politicians. His point is fairly clear though: if the majority is always making decisions on legislation regarding a minority, the minority will most likely lose out. We all know that slavery didn't come to an end because northerners suddenly started appreciating slaves as human beings - the decision had very little to do with the minority itself.

I think he could have been more tactful, but his point should be well taken.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Agreed. While it was a stupid way to put it, can't say I disagree on what he meant. Least he didn't mention Hitler or the Holocaust or anything, because he could have gone there too. We've certainly seen stupider.