How sturdy is the iphone home button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bankaimadness, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

I am kind of worry that it might become loose and start breaking. For people that have experiences with iphones.. How are they holding up?

2. stonyboys macrumors 6502

i must say that this was also my #1 deciding factor for whether or not to get an iphone. i compared the sturdiness of the home button of over 100 phones (including older phones like those big nokias) over a span of 10 years. of course it was hard because everytime i thought i'd finished testing a new phone came out again (you know how technology is ha ha.) after all the testing was complete i interpolated the results of the sturdiness tests and compared it with the average finger velocity and force that it is susceptible to during normal use. once i'd derived the data and reverse engineered the ideal collateral pressure capacity, i knew once and for all who the home button sturdiness king is: the iphone.

And that is why I got the iP5.

3. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

lmao!

4. Furifo macrumors 6502

Generally, it seems the home button on the 4/4S failed more than any other iPhone although there are people on this forum with a launch day iPhone 4 with no problems whatsoever.

My iP5 seems to have a very sturdy home button with a deep click to it. It seems like it will hold up quite well but only time will tell.