Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiggeeC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2002
Gaithersburg, MD
Hey people. I'm probably bothering you guys with all of my questions, but I promise; only 1 or two more.

Ok. The SuperDrive. Is it worth getting? I do not make movies, I have no interest in putting files or anything onto a DVD. I don't know about any of that stuff, nor do I care. The only thing that would be of interest would be to burn a DVD movie (like you can do a CD) Now, I have heard that this is hard to do, and that the memory thing is all weird. So, could somebody give me a no BS explanation as to if I can do the things I want to do with the burner, and is it worth it. Thanks

Chris

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
no. it's not worth it.

at least not for you. if you aren't going to be making movies, backing up data, etc. then there is no point. DVD movies are copy protected and cannot be copied very easily. yes, it can b e done, but you don't sound like a user who wants to go hacking thru some command line program, looking around for the Hex Code of your hardware. I stick by my suggestion in your other thread.

edit: you really could have kept this in the same thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.