How the battery treating you?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rtomyj, Sep 25, 2013.

1. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Those coming from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5 S, what's your experience with battery life? Is it noticeably different?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Pretty much the same.

3. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Are you finding yourself turning more features on? For instance I turn off background app refresh.

4. wxman2003 Suspended

I use background app refresh for the app mapmyrun. It will stop working in background if it is not turned on.

5. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Ok, thanks!

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I have everything enabled, as I always have. And I've been getting about 7 hours of usage in a day...which means it lasts from the time I wake up until I plug it in at night. I usually plug in while in the car just to have some extra juice...but I didn't plug in at all the other day and got an entire day out of it with no problem.

Attached Files:

7. rtomyj thread starter macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Holy moly! That is great battery life!

8. Ksateskier macrumors newbie

battery

Its 1:33pm CDT, and I took my 5S off the charger at 7am. I'm at 68%, I'd say thats pretty good. Better than my 4 running iOS7 which was at 10% by 4pm everyday with normal usage. ie. few calls per days, several texts (50), a few minutes playing words with friends, reading a couple hundred emails while in meetings.

9. kiyonepbs macrumors newbie

kiyonepbs

I went from a S3 to a 5S a few days ago.

Battery life on the 5S greatly surpasses the s3.

10. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

So far, it seems improved on the 5S. I had iOS 7 [ thru all betas - registered Apple Dev ] on the iP5 and the GM release of 7 did hurt the battery life on the iP5.

However, as of now [ 2nd day with the new device] the iP5S has been great, especially on stand by [ 22 hrs and counting ; 89% battery remaining ; 50% brightness ; Background App Refresh ON with Google Maps and Weather set to ON only, rest turned off ; BT off ; WiFi ON ; Mail set to FETCH - Manually ; Phone locks in 1 minute of inactivity; Phone call usage ~ 2 hrs and has not been plugged in since the first charge to 100% ]

11. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I've been "playing" with my 5s over the last couple of days more than I had my 5 over the past month or so during the day at work and it feels like the battery is lasting longer to me. Here is is a few minutes after 4 PM and my phone was taken off the charger around 6:30 AM. I have 67% of my battery left. I don't remember exactly what my 5 had at this point in the day but I remember playing with it a fair amount and by the end of the day I was below 50% many times.

TIME SINCE LAST FULL CHARGE
    Usage - 2 hrs 28 minutes
    Standby 9 hrs 42 minutes