How the hell can I connect a 2010 Apple 30" Cinema Display to my new MacBook Pro???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Lex365, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Lex365 macrumors newbie

I am having a ridiculously hard time figuring out if I can connect a 2010 Apple Cinema Display with Mini DisplayPort to the new MacBook Pro. A few people seem to have managed it but I am at a complete loss.

I have the dual link DVI to Mini DisplayPort cable which it appears I need and I have tried this with one of the only USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapters I can find in the UK (Amazon UK) with zero success. I managed to get the Mac to recognise there was a display attached using a third party DVI to USB-C adapter but without displaying any picture. This was also not a dual link DVI cable but its the closest I have come so far.

Can anyone offer any advice on how I can pair these two together at the full 2560 x 1600 resolution? The only adapter I have found that has had some success is an Itanda adapter sold on Amazon.com. Maybe someone would be kind enough to assist me in getting one of those? Any help or input is most welcome :)