How The Telecom Company Free Disrupted The Mobile Landscape In France

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EbookReader, Oct 15, 2012.

1. EbookReader macrumors 65816

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/03/ho...ree-disrupted-the-mobile-landscape-in-france/

Does this carrier offer the Iphone?

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

3. EbookReader thread starter macrumors 65816

if T-Mobile or Sprint do something like this, their subscribers base would skyrocket and they would disrupt the mobile landscape in the USA.

$35 for unlimited talk, text and 1GB of data
    $40 for unlimited talk, text and 2GB of data
    $45 for unlimited talk, text and 3GB of data
    $50 for unlimited talk, text and 4GB of data
    $55 for unlimited talk, text and 5GB of data

all on-prepaid no contract, paying the price of the phone upfront.

4. elie.fares macrumors regular

Free doesnt offer subsidized prices on handsets. You pay for a full price phone if you want to have a subscription with them. However, all phones work on their network. My iPhone 4S does.
    There's no contract - you may cancel anytime. And it's truly unlimited even when it comes to data though 3G speeds are not as reliable as with other French carriers, such as SFR or Orange.

However, Free has definitely changed the landscape in France. Its effect has been resounding with all three other major carriers (SFR, Orange & Bouygues) starting to offer different more youth-oriented and cheaper plans in order to keep customers which have been jumping ship.

Of course, Free has had its share of woes especially around its launch but everything seems to be sorted out now.
    My advice for anyone wanting to visit France is to order a Free SIM card online from their website mobile.free.fr and have it shipped to your address. Once you arrive to France, you just pop in your SIM card & you're good to go.

You also get access to a wifi network available almost everywhere for the network with reliable speeds and that's unlimited as well.

Hope this was of help :)

5. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

With FREE in France you will need to bring your own phone aka paid retail to use it on their network! Which us in the USA don't like paying retail, but instead at a $199 price tag for a flagship smartphone!

I would love to have FREE here in the USA and bring my own phone which I paid full price almost every year when I can't get my early upgrade.