Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
In the latest iPhone OS upgrade, we were allowed to have up to 11 viewable pages of apps. But if you look in the image to the right, you will see that there are 12 pages!

So how did I do that? This was a trick I discovered while moving around my icons. First, you have to be an app-aholic and have 11 pages of iPhone apps (and more hidden ones since they can’t be displayed). Then move some of the default apps you do not use like “Weather,” “Stocks,” “YouTube,” “Audio Memo,” etc. to the last page.

Now take one icon from the 10th page and drag it over to the 11th page. This will force the last icon to be booted off the page and into the iPhone abyss!

Now download another app to replace that empty space. And magically, a 12th page will be created with all the apps you weren’t able to view on it. I repeated the same steps and was able to make a 13th page.

It’s a nice trick, especially if you’re an iPhone app addict like me. There never seems to be enough pages! I think forcing a default icon off the pages will bring it back on an extra page, but I’m not quite sure. I was able to create the extra pages a few times, and after much testing, I was unable to duplicate it the 5th time. If you see a logical pattern or explanation on how to do this, please let me know. I can’t seem to bring back the 13th page, and would like to. ;) Also note, this is not a jailbroken iPhone.

http://php-princess.net/2009/08/11/display-11-pages-of-iphone-apps/

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
QIK isn't in the app store - how is it installed on your iphone?

.. esp if you are NOT jailbroken

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's nice if it works, but do you really need more than 11 pages of apps?! To me, you just throw them off the final page and use spotlight if you want to run them.

Indeed - that's already too many apps for me

Until someone confirms it's possible tho - this could also be photoshop

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I'm just saying that I was able to get 17 pages! Just look ;)

Attachments

• 17_pages.jpg
    17_pages.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 102

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
there's an easier way to do this. when u have 11 pages full of apps and download another app, u can just search for it in spotlight and it will be there

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
It's a known feature of 3.0 software that you can have more pages than are shown. Also, use your Spotlight as an App launcher. Type in App name, click on Icon in results and the app launches.

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
It's a known feature of 3.0 software that you can have more pages than are shown. Also, use your Spotlight as an App launcher. Type in App name, click on Icon in results and the app launches.

That's why I posted what I was running. This way, if someone is able to create it and share what version they are/were running, maybe we can narrow it down. Also, mine hasn't been JB. At least not on the 3GS. It may have carried some JB files in the restore when I upgraded from 2G. I did go back to non-JB prior to changing phones, but I think some files remained on the 2G. I don't believe going back to non-JB deletes some of the configuration files for Cydia Apps & stuff.

ozzyman500

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2009
lol, I used to have like 50 apps but now I am down to like 19 because they are crappy and I could live without them...do you really need 11+ pages of apps?

jmann

macrumors 604
He's like my son who has over 80 GB of music. There's no way he has any idea what music he has or can he ever listen to all that. I have over 50 apps and I forget what I have. :)

I agree. I hate these "Who has the most music on MR!" threads. Some of those people have an outlandish amount of music that I doubt they ever even listen to. :rolleyes:. I have 2362 songs, and I don't even listen to all of that. :)

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
It doesn't matter how frequently you use an app or listen to a specific music track. The thing is you will eventually want to use it.

There are songs I rarely listen to, but for the times I want to listen to it .. .it's already there. Not to mention I use the shuffle and genius feature sometimes and it more interesting with a a lot of songs.

The same with apps. Some apps I only use once or twice a month, but are very useful when needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.