How to add a blank video to a 1h long AC3 soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fiatlux, Jan 25, 2010.

1. fiatlux macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2007
    I've got a 1h+ AC3 5.1 audio recording that I'd like to listen to on my Home Cinema setup.

Problem, my DVD player or AppleTV won't play raw, audio-only AC3 files.

I figured I could to mux the audio with a blank video and produce a valid mp4 file in Subler.

Problem is, how to produce a 1h+ long blank video? I tried using Final Cut Express and iMovie, but when I import a black image and try editing its length, I cannot make it longer than 10" or so. Anything else I can try besides importing several images each 10" long up to the desired duration?
  2. spinnerlys Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    Use FCE, drag the image into the timeline and drag it to the right side, until the sequences has your desired length.

FCE should allow the nothing-ness in between.
  3. huntercr macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2006
    You want to use a slug from the video generators. Drag it to the timeline and adjust. If there is an individual slug time limit, simply rinse and repeat.
  4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

Sep 9, 2008
    Below sea level
    You can just drag the music to the audio line, you don't even need a picture I believe. When that's not true, just add black at the begin and that should be enough.

However I wonder whether the 5.1 sound will be preserved. I highly doubt it personally.