Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faddah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
portland, oregon
hello,

this situation holds true for the apple podcasts app, v. 2.0 (418), on all my iOS devices, all updated to iOS 7.0.3, both a 3rd generation iPad 64 GB wi-fi only, and my iPhone 5 32 GB with AT&T as the carrier.

i have created several categories in the new feature, “my stations” section of the podcasts app. however, i have searched and searched all the settings and features and cannot figure out, once “my stations” categories are set up, how to add a new podcast i have just added to the app to an existing category. does anyone know how to add a new podcast you've just added to the app to an already existing “my stations” category?

i've searched and searched the settings and features in the apple podcasts app and also searched the apple support section here on on-line and in this discussion group and come up with nothing in any case. i am kind of surprised no one else has asked about this.

if anyone could please help and let me know how to add a new podcast you just added to the apple podcasts app, v. 2.0 (418), into an already existing “my stations” category, i would greatly appreciate it. it really is not apparent on the app's UI.

thank you in advance.

best,

— faddah wolf
portland, oregon
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, 32 GB, AT&T carrier

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
hello,

this situation holds true for the apple podcasts app, v. 2.0 (418), on all my iOS devices, all updated to iOS 7.0.3, both a 3rd generation iPad 64 GB wi-fi only, and my iPhone 5 32 GB with AT&T as the carrier.

i have created several categories in the new feature, “my stations” section of the podcasts app. however, i have searched and searched all the settings and features and cannot figure out, once “my stations” categories are set up, how to add a new podcast i have just added to the app to an existing category. does anyone know how to add a new podcast you've just added to the app to an already existing “my stations” category?

i've searched and searched the settings and features in the apple podcasts app and also searched the apple support section here on on-line and in this discussion group and come up with nothing in any case. i am kind of surprised no one else has asked about this.

if anyone could please help and let me know how to add a new podcast you just added to the apple podcasts app, v. 2.0 (418), into an already existing “my stations” category, i would greatly appreciate it. it really is not apparent on the app's UI.

thank you in advance.

best,

— faddah wolf
portland, oregon
iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3, 32 GB, AT&T carrier

In the podcasts app, go to the My Stations tab at the bottom. Click on the station, then click "Settings." At the bottom, you should see "Choose Podcasts..." Click that, and choose the podcasts you want to add.

faddah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2013
portland, oregon
In the podcasts app, go to the My Stations tab at the bottom. Click on the station, then click "Settings." At the bottom, you should see "Choose Podcasts..." Click that, and choose the podcasts you want to add.

yup! that did it. thank you! still think that feature should not be so “buried” and more intuitive to add additional podcasts to “my stations.” you would not believe how much i've posted that in the apple support community discussions for the apple podcasts app and see nada back from anyone in the way of a reply or help. thanks for coming through with the save, Tyler23!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.