How to beat Chinese Scalpers at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JOSE891, Sep 7, 2014.

1. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

At the Apple Store here in Las Vegas there are usually a group of like 100 Chinese people camping out at the Apple Store, I know there in a group because they all know and talk to each other, It's like they come in a bus or something. This has been the case with the Apple Store I go on launch day with the 5 & 5s right before they open.

How can I beat them? I really want this phone and want to beat these little punks because this is ridiculous I can't get a phone on launch day thanks to them. I was thinking about camping out at the store like at 6pm the day before, do you think that would be a good time before they get there?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Pre-Order it and have it delivered to your house....

3. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Either that or simply pre-order online and have it delivered to your home on launch day without having to wait in line or beat anyone up ;)

4. JOSE891 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

I would but I can't order a Verizon model full price, I have Verizon prepaid.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Unfortunately it is first-come first-served and even though they may be scalpers, they are still a paying customer.

Get there before them or cross your fingers that Apple allows pre-orders/reservations.

7. cnev3 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't blame them, i'd blame the impatient idiots who pay 3x the retail price just to get it a few weeks earlier. Where there is money to be made, someone will be there to make it.