How to become an errand boy for movie productions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, May 2, 2008.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

I've just realized that I could possibly be paid for something I enjoy doing as a hobby. Some call me insane, but I follow movie productions around my city to stand and watch them film for hours. I once spent 6 hours in 20 degree weather with a thin hoodie on watching the production team of "I Am Legend" set up to film a Christmas tree with its lights turning off and on.

So I was wondering if there is some kind of competitive process in order to get the job of say a coffee boy or something like that. I'd like to have a job like this during the summer.

I would ask a crew member if they needed help, but sometimes production crews seem bothered by the constant questioning of the public and I don't want to add to that.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Look for Production Assistant jobs on craigslist and mandy.com. You could also call around to production places in your area and see if they are looking for any PAs. Be prepared to work some sh*tty no/lo paying gigs though before bigger productions call you back. Even peon jobs are fought for tooth and nail 'cause that's how most people break into the industry.

Lethal