How to break a folder of files in to 20MB chuncks.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Razeus, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

I have a folder full of images and I want to use GMail to archive them for safe keeping, as another form of backup.

I would like to break this folder up into 25MB chunks and email them to myself. How can I do this?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why not use something like Google Drive or Dropbox or any of the online backup services for this? It's much more efficient than using email, which isn't designed for this purpose.

3. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

I'm a paid subscriber to Dropbox (100GB) and Google Drive (25GB) and I do. Like I said, this is another form of backup. These files are basically cold storage files anyway as I don't use them, and just want to be sure I have another backup in addition to Dropbox, Google Drive, my hard drive and my 2 external hard drives.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

5. Brradley macrumors member

Wow, seriously?! That must be some pretty important data or you're just extremely obsessive. :eek:

6. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

I rather be safe than sorry.

These particular photos are about 900 photos of my time in Germany back in 2009. I have them on Dropbox, my main hard drive, and my 2 external hard drives, but this would be the last line of defense in data loss.

----------

I'll look into this. Thank you much.