How to buy bands for the new Apple Watch Sport metal colours that are of the correct metal colour.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Milese3, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Milese3 macrumors 6502

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying a 42mm Apple Watch Sport Gold, however I do not like the Midnight Blue Sport band it comes with, I'd much rather use the Antique white band that comes with 38mm watch. I do not want the 38mm size, and I cannot buy a separate band because the metal is for the silver watch.
    Is there a way of buying a 42mm Apple Watch Sport in Gold with an Antique white sport band?
    Thank you- Miles.

2. shannoooooooon, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

shannoooooooon macrumors newbie

shannoooooooon

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You're stuck with the silver pin as only the bundled bands have gold/rose gold pins. Someone suggested spray painting it a la Casey. However, you might be better off gold-plating the pin for $100 (use someone else other than WatchPlate). It'll hardly show though so you might as well save your money.

4. Jvjlite macrumors regular

Jvjlite

....Or buy either of these products from Hobby Lobby. Allow to dry 12 hours.

image.jpg

5. segrobja macrumors regular

Does it really matter? How often do you really see the pin that is underneath? You never see the pin and the face at the same time while wearing it. I really doubt anyone is going to notice. Is it annoying? Yes. Do I wish that they offered color options for all metal finishes? Of course. But this isn't stopping me from using my white or black band on my Gold 42MM Sport.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Keep in mind that MR is home to some of the most anal-retentive members that we've grown to know and love.