How to buy "the new iPhone" off contract at launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bisnicks, Aug 10, 2012.

1. bisnicks macrumors regular

Hello,

So this fall, I plan to upgrade to "the new iPhone". Currently, I have a factory unlocked 16GB 4S for Verizon that I plan to sell (for around $450 hopefully) about a week before they announce the new iPhone. Anyways, I'm not due for an upgrade until October and I still have unlimited data. In order to get it before October and keep my unlimited data, I'm going to have to purchase the phone off contract. Assuming they stick with previous price points, I'm looking to spend around $750 for a 32GB new iPhone. My concern is that I won't be able to buy an off-contract iPhone for Verizon on launch day. From past launches and what I remember, the only way to buy it online from Verizon is if you're renewing your 2-year contract with an upgrade.

Does anyone have any idea how I could do this with Verizon? Surely I can't be the only one having this issue.

2. 725032 Guest

Be patient and wait in line like everyone else

3. bisnicks thread starter macrumors regular

Do stores offer the ability to buy it off contract or is it reserved for those who are renewing their plans/ getting upgrades?

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yea walk in to an apple store ask for a full retail price iphone then u done!

5. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Yea, you don't need an unlocked iPhone (unless you want it for other reasons)... You just need to pay full price.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is the new iphone released or even announced yet?
    If not then wait for more details when its official.
    All anyone can do now is guess.

7. bisnicks thread starter macrumors regular

So there is no way (that we know of yet) that I can simply pay full price online when preordering/ buying? I'll have to actually go to the store?

At least I know I have an option!