How to Cal the monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lyl, Feb 4, 2009.

1. lyl macrumors member

I have a 15" uni MBP and it links to a Acer 24" monitor.
    I found that there is color difference between the two monitors.
    I do photo retouching and I dont know which one to trust
    So, how to cal the monitor? by software?
    Thanks.

2. flosseR macrumors 6502a

flosseR

well...

You can do it with free software (courtesy of Google) like http://www.imagingassociates.com.au/color/software/calibrationaider.jspx

Not so free Software:
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12756

Or you can buy a proper calibrator hardware like the ColorMunki (fairly pricey), or the Spyder series (personally I use a Spyder 3 Elite).

The hardware also usually keeps your screen calibrated based on ambient light (at least the spyder does)

You can however also calibrate your screen by opening the System Preferences, click on Displays, click on COLOR and then on Calibrate. This will work for each monitor independently.

Hope this helps.
    //FR

3. princigalli macrumors 6502

I used a spyder pro calibrator but the problems are still huge. I have a 15" unibody macbook pro and an excellent external Eizo monitor. I am not sure but I read somewhere that there is a OSX problem with the 15" unipros when using two color modes, one for the internal display and one for the external. This would make it impossible to match the two displays.

But my color proofing problems go beyond matching the two displays. I would be happy if I could rely on proper colors on just one external monitor and it's not working.

4. jbussiere macrumors member

Ok, so how do you use someone else' profile? Like, I see post of, "post your screen calibrations"...i download them, but don't know what to do w/ them....thanks guys