How to caliberate HP w2207h to look as Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iWonder, Dec 5, 2008.

1. iWonder macrumors newbie

I recently bought a new display, HP w2207h to work as external display to my macbook pro. Now, pardon me, but the colors in the HP looks like s**t when compared to the macbook pro. The "light green" looks like its main aim is to blind me.

Another problem is, I bought the glossy screen display (I donno if the Matte ver. is available or not either).

But my main concern right now is to make the colors look like macbook pro. Is there any easy way to do it ?

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

system preferences -> displays -> color.

You'll have to tweak the settings manually though. although there is a calibration wizard. that might help you get them close

3. iWonder thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but it doesn't work out. Is there any easy method which would just set it to macbook pros screen ?

4. soLoredd macrumors 6502a

I have the same monitor (2007h actually) and have also encountered the same problem. I've tried color profiles for various places and it still doesn't get anywhere as good as my MBP screen. I've actually resorted to not even using the external monitor at this point because it will just make confuse me as I go from one display to the other with photos, videos, etc.

Definitely not impressed with the monitor anyway, as there are hardly any user controls to tweak the picture. Got it as a gift, though, so can't be too down on it.

5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The easiest way is to calibrate both monitors, not by eye but by hardware.
    http://spyder.datacolor.com/

I find though many complaints about colour on monitors generally on this forum seems to come mainly from people who would be best served by the control-less Apple Cinema Displays. I usually have no problems adjusting a monitor to look generally how I'd like it to look, unless it's faulty - although I do calibrate all of my halfway important monitors. Dunno - perhaps I have menu-fu.