How to change login window (after being waken up from sleep or screen saver)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jonathan_W, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Jonathan_W macrumors member

Hi :p

I'd like the change the login window after waking up my MBP from sleep or screen saver. Currently I have the "Require password to wake this computer from sleep or screen saver" option enabled, is it possible to change the window to the same login window you see once you turn a Mac on?

This reason why I am asking is because I've added a message into my login window in case my MBP gets lost/found which only appears when you turn on the MBP but not after waking it from sleep or screen saver.

Is it possible to change it? :eek:

Edit: Alternatively, is it possible to add a text message into the login window that appears after waking the MBP from sleep or screen saver?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Not exactly, but there are screensavers out there that will log you out instead of running some sort of display. Ciao seems to be a good one, as it has a Fast User Switch option, which means it takes you to the log in window but doesn't actually log out and close everything on you.

jW

3. Jonathan_W thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply, Mal. I've tried Leopard's Fast User Switch option however it's not what I'm after since it still takes me to the same window as seen after waking up from sleep unless you change users (after enabling the option). Thanks the suggestion though :)

4. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

Anything else like this? I love this functionality, but would also like to have a normal screensaver.

5. Jonathan_W thread starter macrumors member