How to change tabs in full screen mode on iPhone?

55test55

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Any ideas? If I open a page in the background it shows the tab button really quick then just goes back to left, right, and the unzoom button. Thanks!

KylePowers

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2011
And by "fullscreen" you mean when the address bar has disappeared? Can you post a screenshot please? :)
Put your phone in landscape orientation, Safari goes fullscreen. There's no tab button =\

You'd think they'd implement a two or three finger swipe or something.

aleni

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2006
there is some misunderstanding here. there is no fullscreen safari in iOS5. address bar disappearing is not full screen.

in ios6 to make the safari goes fullscreen, u have to press the little icon arrow in the bottom right.

when it goes fullscreen, there is no tabs button. so to switch tabs u have to turn your phone into portrait, then press tabs button. or u just turn fullscreen off and press tabs button, after that turn full screen on again.

i prefer to switch to portrait then press tabs button then switch to landscape again. it's a bit faster.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Fullscreen mode is when you place the iOS 6 phone in landscape mode then press the squeeze arrows icon. And no, I found it irritating that the only UI buttons available are the arrows and exit button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.