How to connect 1G iPod Touch to Net using Verizon USB727 aircard??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mike97208, Jan 23, 2010.

1. mike97208 macrumors member

I have a 1G iPod Touch with the most current software. I also have a two-year old 13" MacBook. I connect my MacBook to the Internet with a Verizon USB727 aircard. I do not have Wi-Fi here so I would like to connect my iPod to the Internet through the aircard. Can I do this through the settings on the iPod or some other way?

Thanks.

2. nipponfan macrumors regular

Make sure you're connected to the internet via your aircard. Then go to settings-sharing-internet sharing on your mac. Select the connection you want to share (depends on what your aircard is using) and choose airport to share it.

worked fine for me when i was having a lan connection.

3. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

connect to the card on your mac. i believe this would be a wwan connect. so go to system preferences > sharing > internet sharing and on the drop down select the thing...youll know it cuz it wont be ethernet, bluetooth, or airport. so then it should have a checklist. check off airport. then go over to the side bar and check the box on internet sharing. then click start. now on your ipod go to settings > wi-fi > whatever u named ur network.

4. mike97208 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Thanks a lot! I got it.

I can't believe I've been driving to a WiFi location, sometimes to the nearest Apple store, to download and upgrade apps.:eek: