How to connect a Wii to my Belnea 19" LCD monitor

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JI7, Apr 11, 2009.

1. JI7 macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy a Wii but don't own a TV due to the ridiculous TV license fee you have to pay here in the UK to own one without being harassed by 'The Man.' Anyway, I own a mac pro which is hooked up to a Belnea 19" LCD monitor - resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz. The mac pro uses a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT graphics chipset - don't know if that matters. I have looked at other threads that address this or a similar issue and I am still confused about whether I can connect a Wii directly to my LCD display via an adapter. What I have found in my searching is a box device called the Gadmei TV5821GXGA Gamebox for Wii which claims to allow audio and video feed to a monitor and speakers from a Wii. Can anyone confirm this? If not, can anyone suggest the most straightforward, 'laymans,' and cheapest solution to connect a Wii to the above mentioned monitor. In time I want to buy a larger monitor but at present cannot afford both the Wii and a new monitor. Thanks if you can help.

2. weekendsrule32 macrumors member

due to lack of space, i was forced to connect a gaming device to a monitor as well. Im in the U.S, and i purchased a box that sounds exactly like the box you mentioned. It worked beautifully!! Picture and audio were great. If you want to add a link to the box your talking about i could take a look, but sounds like it will work.:rolleyes:

3. JI7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. I don't have the link for the exact location of the product but it can be found on Amazon.co.uk by searching for: Gadmei TV5821G XGA gamebox. If I don't hear from you again, thanks - I think I will go ahead and give this setup a try.

4. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

your 19 inch monitor is only 1024x768? Damn, must be old :p

5. weekendsrule32 macrumors member

from my understanding of what your needs are, that product looks perfect. I would order it. That is nearly identical to the one i have.

6. JI7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not new but it does the job. Looking to upgrade anyway, but wanted to spread my expenses a bit instead of buying a Wii and monitor at the same time. In any case my Mac Pro with 2 x 2.66 GHz dual core Intel Xenon processors is the important bit.:D

7. JI7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I did some research and just wanted someone to confirm it for me or possibly suggest something I wasn't aware of. If the gamebox worked for you then that's good enough for me to give it a go.:)