How to connect Ipad to the WIFI of my Vista Laptop ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by interinfo, May 23, 2012.

1. interinfo macrumors regular

I can set-up an ad-hoc network on my Vista laptop and connect to it with another laptop over WIFI to surf.

Is there a way I can connect my Ipad to my Vista Laptop using WIFI to be able to surf the internet ?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If it works with your laptop, then it should also work the same with your iPad. Have you tried it yet?

3. interinfo thread starter macrumors regular

My Ipad is 2000 miles away from me...I suppose this ad-hoc network works only between windows PC's...no ?

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why would you think that? Ad-hoc network makes one PC into a wifi hotspot, and any wifi enabled device can connect to that.

And why are you asking this now, if you don't have your iPad with you to try it out?

5. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

I have a safe at home. Can someone show me how to open it?
    Btw, home is on another continent. :rolleyes:

Just pushin buttons here :D

6. interinfo thread starter macrumors regular

If I have my Ipad within 534 km of me , I will let you know, OK ? you fu..... clown:D

7. qCzar macrumors regular

The iPad can connect to an adhoc network, but you have to be within range of the network.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I was asking a serious question. I mean, you asked a question, I (and now several other people) gave you an answer, which you didn't believe, and when I suggested you give it a try, you came back and said you don't have your iPad with you. So I'm now genuinely curious about why you wanted to know.

9. taipan61 macrumors 6502

nice retort, all he asked was a simple question to be able to answer your inquiry