Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

livejamie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2015
I currently have a nice setup at home with 2 X-Star 2560x1400 PLS monitors and a beefy PC tower I use for games and stuff.

I recently purchased a Late 2012 MacBook Pro with the intention of plugging it into both of the monitors and being able to "swap" between machines if needed. (If I can only use one monitor with the Macbook that wouldn't be the end of the world.)

It would be nice if it could share the audio, mouse and keyboard that I already have, but that's not a huge requirement as I can use something like Synergy or Sharemouse.

A friend of mine told me to contact Startech to get some recommendations. A rep there told me to get their SV231DD2DUA KVM along with 2 USB 3.0 to DVI adapters.

I recieved all of it yesterday and the USB to DVI adapters don't work at all. I tried two different MacBooks and a few PCs. I assume it's something to do with the Korean monitors. It just shows a color cycle when I try to plug one of them in. I'm going to return them.

What's the best way to go about doing this?

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I recieved all of it yesterday and the USB to DVI adapters don't work at all. I tried two different MacBooks and a few PCs. I assume it's something to do with the Korean monitors. It just shows a color cycle when I try to plug one of them in. I'm going to return them."

Be aware that there are -some- (not "all", but "some") of the lower-priced Korean displays that seem to be incompatible with the Mac.

I've browsed the monoprice.com site a few times, looking at their displays, and they state this in the descriptions....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.