How to connect two Samsung monitors to Macbook Pro 2010 with no HDMI?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ancroft, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ancroft macrumors newbie

I bought two Samsung 27 inch S27D590C curved monitors. I watched a youtube tutorial on how to connect to my macbook pro and bought the hdmi cables and hdmi to mini display adapter.....but I failed to notice that my macbook is a 2010 version and has no HDMI port...

What can I do to connect the second display?

Can I connect the two monitors to each other and do it that way?

Can I use the USB drive or fireport to connect the second display?

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

2. bizzle macrumors 6502a

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

4. bennibeef macrumors 6502

Well guys he can use your cables to connect ONE of the displays. The non retina macbooks dont have multiple ports for displays.

I dont know if these displays have Displayport inputs, the setup might work with a Displayport Hub if the macbook can push it (I dont know this either)

The last thing you could do is to use an active USB to Displayport/HDMI "dongle". You have to look up if there is anything that supports that resolution and you might get an perfomance hit on the macbook because those things need to use the resources of the macbook to use this "graphics adapter". But these things are not just a cable, are rather expensive and dont have the best perfomance

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Ooops only just noticed he wanted to connect 2 screens you may be able to use a USB but on USB 2 it may not have enough bandwidth for what you want to do....