How to Convert From VOB (DVD) to MP4 or AVI.. But Convert ALL Chapters Not just one??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrfeeny, Aug 20, 2008.

1. mrfeeny macrumors newbie

I have a dvd of home movies i really want to put into imovie. in order to do this i need to convert them from vob to mp4 (i already got mac the ripper and ripped the dvd onto the comp) i installed handbrake and a few other programs, and they convert the files but they only convert the first chapter on each file, and dont allow me to select other chapters to convert. is there any other free program that will allow me to just convert all the chapters instead of just one?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It sounds like you accidentally only ripped the first chapter, or the DVD itself only has one chapter, or some other problem that happens before the step where you're converting formats. All the programs you mentioned automatically will convert all the chapters in the video by default and you would need to take specific actions to make them only convert the first chapter only.

3. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

well when i play the file in vlc or quick time it plays the whole thing, the only thing is the time restarts with every chapter. other than that, it plays straight through no problem. its only after i convert it that it only plays one chapter

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Bumps aren't allowed on the macrumors forum. In the future if you want to bump a post then you have to bump it with a post that includes more information that you're adding to the discussion.

That said, you should try to do the same thing with a commercial DVD instead of your home movies DVD. If the commercial DVD works, then the problem is your home movie DVD. In either case, you should start a new thread if you want more help because your topic question has already been answered - all the programs convert all the chapters. You're having a different problem that's specific to the homemade DVD you're trying to convert.

5. mrfeeny thread starter macrumors newbie

lol sorry. didn't know that. anyways, what do you mean there is a problem with my dvd? fine. maybe i will start a new thread.