How to deal with the snowflakes?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Nov 11, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/c...ake-deportation-letter-at-shasta-high-school/

With all the snowflakes crying about anything and everything, would a few shockers help them get back to the real world?

We either create a "don't ever say or do anything that could offend anyone" world, or we shock these snowflakes back into the real world.

I say a we have some fun while we're bringing them back into the real world.

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

It's also time to start placing the blame on the parents - so baby boomers and older gen x-ers, this is your fault too!

And as someone who lives in Texas, I can promise you that not all of these millennial snowflakes are liberal.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im going to say it's all Steve Jobs fault. The millennials grew up with an iPhone in their hand and don't know any different. As a later stage gen x'er we still had the feel of pre technology running our lives. I also blame the boomers who started the me mentality.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

5. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I remember the group they used to call "helicopter parents". I saw a show back in the say where on a kid's 16th birthday, they would have some big event and get some super high end car.

I remember a professor back in college that said he was concerned about his son. He said that his son was going to be upset if he didn't get a new car when he went away to college.

I remember how I didn't even have A/C or a paint job on my car. I was happy if it was in good running condition. I was part of a team in college, it was a management class and they were upset with me because I couldn't meet on a Sunday because I had to work.

Nobody else had a job, they lived in the expensive areas and had nice cars. I had to work to feed myself and keep my car running. They put so little effort into the team projects it was sad. It's like they didn't even want to be bothered with it, they were just there to go thru the process and get their paper and cushy job.

Very sad, these people were so well rewarded for doing so little.

Much like they say about people with "favorable genes" they do no work for what they get.

The one thing that scares me now is how we filter out anything that doesn't agree with us. Just since I've come back to this forum (just a few days now) and at least 2 people ignored me and actually told me they would ignore me.

This is the world we've created, people's brains don't do critical thinking, they can't. It's hard work for a human brain to do critical thinking, and people just don't do it anymore.

They just wrap themselves up in a bubble that only has the answers they want to hear. Anything outside is a trigger and must be ignored.

Then, they actually have to TELL someone they've ignored them... as if the someone else would be harmed by having a snowflake go away.

Great, so now we have arrogant snowflakes... how do you fix that?

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's not funny at all. You don't realize the hardships people go though. Everyone has enough stress and problems to deal with some meansprited BS. Messing with people like that is exactly what causes protests and riots in the first place.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Nope, it's just liberal baby boomers fault.

8. 1458279, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016

1458279 thread starter Suspended

You remember wrong. I cry tears of joy when I'm proven right over and over again.
    I'll bite just because it might be fun to prove you wrong for the 4,628,126th time... Go ahead an provide the link... we'll wait here (as if you'd actually have a link :D).

< waiting...>

9. APlotdevice, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.45.36 PM.png
    Step one: Don't elect a Snowflake for President.

10. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

THAT'S what makes it funny!

These people riot over a black person killing a black person. CNN covers them saying "let's go burn down the White people's homes" and they edit it to make it look good. When the truth comes out, it was a Black man that shot a Black man, yet White people were blamed. WTF??? White people had NOTHING--- NOTHING to do with it and yet got blamed. Then they started chasing down White people.

These people were so triggered by Trump, they had to burn the American Flag.

A TV Host saw a presidential race between an old White person and an old White person. When an old White person won the race between two old White people, the TV Host said it was racist.

These people are insane. They have no clue. They hate America, yet they come to America for one reason, they are too cowardly to stand up to their own government. They could make their nation just like America, but they don't. They come here because our corrupt government want's their votes and their violence to create fear so that our government can take power from Americans.

This is why we will soon have a President Donald J Trump.

These snowflakes need to grow up or get out. We can build more prisons for them and have them stay in their protective bubble where they can sit until they die of old age. The rest of us will live in the real world where we grow our brains thru critical thinking and logic.

Heck, maybe we'll make a Pay-Per-View out of these snowflakes...

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

So bullying and harassment towards those that have nothing to do with anything you are speaking on, is the answer? Do you even know what you sound like right now?

12. rshrugged macrumors 6502a

Agreed with the "too", as a part of the country's contributory cultural and philosophical premises.

I know of a parent who struggled with what further advice to give an adult child regarding some troubles they were experiencing. The parent couldn't readily penetrate the child's self-imposed wall of stress. The troubles were real but were just the stuff of life. Perspective was needed. Sending this, without comment, successfully gave the child perspective.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Who's "They"?

14. Desertrat macrumors newbie

LIVEFRMNYC, how can a teeny-bopper in high school or college have more BS problems than a 19-year-old Grunt in the Sandbox?

One contributory problem lies in the schools. Ideas: E.g., "giving" self-esteem. Nope, that must be earned by overcoming challenges. Medals for "participation"? That's childish.

I've lived my life with the idea that I know the answer to, "Wish in one hand, poop in the other: Which fills up first?"

Stick your finger into a glass of water. Withdraw it. The hole you left is your importance to the rest of the world. Me, too, which is why I don't jack my jaws about things I don't know about. I'm just glad that I'm not covered all over with stupid.

15. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I have to say that these things can be very hard to control. I'm a mobile enterprise software developer and I rarely ever have a smart phone/device on me. I actually don't like them that much, but it's more that they can become very addictive.

I've seen myself deal with video games, and other addictions, I've quit them all. It takes a certain level of discipline for a person to control their behavior. One of the most important steps is for a person to realize that the behavior has a negative impact.

This is why most people won't exercise, quit smoking, lose weight, put down the smartphone, etc... they just don't come to terms with the impact of it.

BTW, the smart phone and it's impact on social is paralleled in economics as we've reached the point where human labor is not only obsolete, but human labor is a negative (it costs more than a robot) and most humans are addicted to selling their labor to make ends meet.

We've created a hellva mess and few have the frontal lobe horse power to figure out a solution.

16. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Riots and protests happened BEFORE any of the crazy Trump supporters started doing weird ****. It started the same night of the election; this doesn't fall on Trump supporters, it falls on these entitled liberal snowflakes. After the election, yes there have been spikes of racial violence from the right. However, some people are faking it, which really makes one question the rest.

17. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Exactly why praytell are you assuming that the protestors are immigrants? Is it real so hard for you to believe that many of us native borns loathe Trump?

Also, GREAT JOB stereotyping immigrants. :rolleyes:

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

If you're pissed at a bunch of whinning liberals, just leave it at that.

But the link in the OP, of someone passing out fake deportation letters is just completely disrespectful and moronic. Nothing funny about that.

19. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Oh I see. I misread the context. Apologies. I do agree there isn't anything funny about those letters.

20. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

The university where I'm employed set up an "open forum" and "safe place" in response to the election yesterday to "allow people to voice their frustrations" etc.

For what it's worth, I fall in early years of what's considered the millenial generation. I have been an avid follower of presidential politics for most of my life that has only intensified as I've gotten older. The first election I was able to vote in was the 2008 election, but the first one where I really took an in-depth interest was the 2000 election.

In any case, I have now voted in two elections. I was not happy about who I voted for this time around, but at the same time after a lot of consideration I did end up voting for the candidate who won. This is the first election where I've voted for the winning candidate.

I'm wondering where the "open forums" and "safe places" for me to "vent my frustration" were in 2008 and 2012-one of which was when I was in college, and the other when I was in graduate school. Yes, I was unhappy that my chosen candidate lost and I've been unhappy with some of the things that have happened politically the last 8 years. All said and done, though, the sun still rises every morning and sets every night. I may not like what's going on in Washington, but I just live my life as best as I can, do my job, and go on.

21. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I think we should leave them alone. They're the future of the Democratic party...as if it needed additional challenges!

22. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

There is a balance to life. People that grow up in a cold area are more like wolves and people that grow up in a warm area are like rabbits. Wolves see resources differently, they never run out of food because they've learned to cover very, very large areas. Rabbits can't make it on their own, they'll consume all their resources without understanding they are destroying their own future.

You call it bullying and harassment without distinction. People need to fall off the bike a few times to understand how balance works. People need to understand consequence in order to grow, they need to learn to stand up to others.

We now have a generation that doesn't know how to stand up for themselves. They don't understand critical thinking, they have very weak minds. They are sheep.

Did you notice how all the sheep were so easily fooled by the media? Every human on this planet just saw 1/2 of America get PUNKED because they are so weak mined that they had no clue they were being played.

You just got PUNKED in front of the whole world... yet even after that, you STILL don't get it. How weak is your mind when you get PUNKED in front of the whole world and you don't even see it.

You just lost EVERYTHING... EVERYTHING... Your whole world just fell apart while EVERYONE watched and laughed at you.

You lost:
    1) the White House
    2) the Senate
    3) the House
    4) the Supreme Court
    5) the Govs

The Denver Broncos didn't lose that bad when they played the SF 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV ... and that was BAD.

How bad do you have to get PUNKED for you to realize you've been PUNKED?
    TrumpPunked.jpeg

The balance is there for people to learn, the harder they fall, they more they learn ... unless their stupid.

Remember when Bush 1 went into the middle east? He sliced them up right quick, they learned to never fight America like that again. Since then, the wars in the middle east were all extraction types, very hard to fight, very expensive. They end up winning the economic war as we keep chasing that rabbit down that hole.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2016 ---
    Don't we owe them a duty to pass on the lessons of life just like others have done for us?

Dads teach sons to fish and build cabins and how to survive. We've dropped the ball, these people have no chance in the real world, heck they can't even handle losing an election.

That was funny as hell that Trump got the Dems to say the election was NOT rigged just before he won... Dammm that'll go down as a classic move.
    People that come here without respecting our laws and jump on our welfare system and extract money from our economy. They at least need to respect the laws of our land. If our nation's economy was the same as their home land, would they still come here? If we had no jobs at all, would they still come here?
    Oh I'm sure there's all kinds mixed in that don't like Trump. BTW, I'd like to reverse that question back to you about Hillary.

The topic was about immigrants, so I was at least trying to keep somewhat narrow topic. Not so easy, but I tried.

23. eatrains macrumors regular

The snowflakes all got upset that they were called deplorables. I guess they can't handle when things aren't politically correct.

24. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Archie Bunker would be proud. o_O

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

So explain to me the reason for a protest? It was a fair election. The system worked the way it's supposed to work?