How to delete a game in order to free space? (SL)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by LeandrodaFL, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

I want to delete some installed games, in order to free HDD space. Can I simply drag the application to the Trash? Will this delete all the files related to the game? Saved games included? Or do I have to perform a complete uninstall?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's going to depend a lot on the game. Some games are relatively self contained, though most will at least place preference files in ~/Library/Preferences/. It's also not uncommon to find files in ~/Library/Application Support or even in ~/Documents. GGJStudios will pop in here soon with his manually uninstalling guide, but that'll get you started.

jW

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, the most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

How big is the application of the game? Is that enough space saved? If it is, then you probably don't need to worry about the support files.

5. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

LOL

Thanks, dude.

8GB each game...I cant tell if saved games files etc are in the GB zone or MB or even KB zone....