How to delete a whole album at once in iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Xylian, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Xylian macrumors member

Hi,
    I'm using Music Match on my iPhone and I would like to know if there is a way to quickly delete entire albums from the iTunes App.. When you want to download music you can tap on the cloud of the single songs or the cloud of the album and the whole album is downloaded.. but what if I want to free up some space deleting albums I don't listen to without needing to swipe on every single song? Is it possible to do that?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Deleting an album from the phone does not free up space. It just hides the album from view. Syncing with your PC will recover the space.

3. Xylian thread starter macrumors member

Ok, but there is still no way to delete an entire album without the hassle of deleting every single song one by one in the iTunes App on the phone, right?

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I tried a few gestures and don't see a way to do it from Albums.

5. defunct32 macrumors regular

I usually just select all the songs from the album and hit delete, it's faster than doing it one by one.

6. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Maybe try deleting the album from iTunes on your computer instead of the phone. It will have a pop-up where you can check to also delete from the cloud as well.

7. Xylian thread starter macrumors member

I enabled iTunes Match on both my computer and the phone, so the two music collections are independent one from another.. if I delete something in the PC's iTunes it is not deleted on the phone and vice versa. Deleting from the cloud means definitely removing the songs from iTunes Match music, which is not what I want.

8. Dhrystone macrumors newbie

Dhrystone

You cannot delete an entire album on an iOS device. You must do it track-by-track. If you don't want anything showing on your device that is not LOADED on it, go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and turn off everything under "Show All."