How to delete Albums (music) not in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MPTech, Nov 24, 2011.

1. MPTech macrumors newbie

I had originally loaded some music albums to my iPhone several months ago that I had collected on my laptop. I decided to clean up the Albums names (changing them to Artist - Album) so I deleted them from iTunes, renamed them on the laptop and reloaded to iTunes. When I re-synched iTunes with my iPhone, I now have both the new albums and the old on my iPhone and only the new one in iTunes.
    How can I delete them? (they aren't in iTunes anymore)

Thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Do you have iTunes set to Manually manage?

To delete an album from your iDevice, if you have iOS 5 then all you have to do is just swipe to delete.

[​IMG]

3. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

This wasn't on originally on iOS was it? I recall wanting to do that on my iPod Touch 1 a few years ago and it wouldn't work.

4. MPTech thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't have iOS 5 installed yet, but this may be the thing that tips the scales and forces me to upgrade.

Is there any other way?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you are Manually Managing your device, then you can just plug your iPhone to your computer (or any computer with iTunes) and click on your device under "Devices", under the Music tab, select the tracks your want to delete and press the delete/backspace button.

[​IMG]

Its a new feature that is only in iOS 5.