How to disable heart rate monitoring?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by rfbandit, Apr 24, 2015.

1. rfbandit macrumors regular

rfbandit

In the interest of extending battery life, I was wondering if anyone knew how to prevent the watch from checking my heart rate every 10 minutes. I believe the Daring Fireball review said it could be disabled, but I can't find the option.

2. shandyman Suspended

How to disable heart rate monitoring?

In the watch app on the iPhone. This menu.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429900724.219947.jpg

3. rfbandit thread starter macrumors regular

rfbandit

Ended up finding it under Privacy -> Motion and Fitness

Attached Files:

4. Chiguy12 macrumors member

Chiguy12

Why would you want to disable the HR feature? That's the best part about the watch and one of the reasons I'm buying one. I've been using a heart rate monitor for years and it can give you great information on your health. by monitoring your heart rate, you can have an idea of what's going on in you're body. For instance if an illness is coming you will notice the heart rate always goes up before other sign and symptoms. It increases because your body knows something is wrong and it tries to fix the problem by pumping in more oxygen into the cells. Also wouldn't you want to know how high your heart rate increases when you're stressed? Maybe try relaxing for a bit before getting a heart attack? Maybe you're suffering from hypertension and you don't even know. People usually get their hearts checked by doctors once a year or when the damage is already done. I use to work as a paramedic for 4 years and the saddest part about the job was to see people with illnesses that could've been prevented. Sorry for the ranting guys but keep your heart rate one its way more important than having extra battery life to play a game. It's supposed to last 18 hours so I don't see why you need to disable useful features. Anyway I'm very thankful that Tim Cook it trying to make people aware of their health by including a heart rate monitor and native workout apps. Oh and research kit which will change medicine. Just watch and see Apple is going after healthcare which is a billion dollar industry.

5. eiprol macrumors regular

eiprol

I could try to disable it for you if you send it to me :rolleyes:

Even if you come walking, you would arrive before my JUNE SG :(