How to display the fruits of my nerdy collection

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Jul 1, 2008.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have recently become somewhat obsessed with collecting these:

[​IMG]

Mighty Muggs. Silly little 6" Hasbro toys from Star Wars, Marvel Comics and Indiana Jones series. I dunno why but I am! $10 each really isn't too horrible either.

But since I have been snatching them up I have run into the problem of where to put them. I have a little place with my girlfriend and while she thinks they look kinda cute she understandably doesn't want them in the living room :p

I have never collected any type of figure before, just books and games, so I don't really know how to have them out. I was thinking of scattered on my bookshelf with the books/cds/dvds. But I like the boxes as well (yes even more nerdy)

So far my collection is this little pyramid, with 2 more arriving whenever the stupid ebay seller gets is butt in gear and ships them to me.

[​IMG]

Whatcha think? Anyone else have figure type things laying about?

2. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

One solution might be to get rid of the girlfriend. Then, you will be able to put them wherever you want...

Hmm....the majority of my figures are packed away into Rubbermaid containers. :eek: I wish I had a way to display them.

3. TimTheEnchanter macrumors 6502a

TimTheEnchanter

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

5. bartelby macrumors Core

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

:D

but seriously, I'm happy I don't get the evil stare from buying the damn things so I think I will keep her around.

That might be an idea. Hopefully the landlord won't freak out if I start slapping shelves up. I always wanted to do that as a kid with the big ass Lego train set I had but my folks said no. Said I would think it was lame when I got older. HA!. I still got envious of the 3600 piece Lego Death Star that was announced a while back. Nostalgia is a helluva thing.

The Indiana Jones figures are probably the best made ones. Mola Ram has the heart that he rips out of the guys chest and even though his helmet comes off, they still painted the tribal tattoos on his head. Indy's hat and whip are kinda cool as well. The upcoming ones have the Arabic dude with the killer monkey, and it actually comes with the monkey... awesome.

7. weazbert macrumors newbie

8. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

is that the guy's name? It's been a while since I have watched them.

9. weazbert macrumors newbie

i think so, although my spelling is probably way off:)

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Every time we are in Target I look at these things and want to buy one, but I can't decide which to get b/c I want them all.
    I don't really need to start collecting anything else or I'll also be collecting nasty glares from the missus.:eek:

11. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

it's totally worth it dude. They're so rad! God I feel geeky... :p

I just got my ebay winnings in today (US Postal sucks! It took 15 days from Missouri to Vancouver, BC)

[​IMG]

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

13. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

That's what everyone asks me: "Can you drink outta them or something?"

Oh and The Past, those are both cool ideas. The ikea stuff might be too small since I have so many. The other shelf is awesome though, $600 is way to much coin but if I could find something similar for less I would be all over that. And on a side note, the 'room' picture for that shelf is exactly what I want my future office to look like :p