How to downgrade iPhone4 iOS5 to 4.3.5 or 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ferzy11, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ferzy11 macrumors newbie

:mad: Please help I have been searching almost 10h about downgrading my iPhone4!! Ok I accidentally upgraded my iPhone to iOS5 and I want to downgrade it to iOS 4.3.5 or 4.3.3, I don't have SHSH files and I am stuck in setup in the new iOS because my sim card used to use gevey sim and I can't even access which means that the iPhone is Useless piece of glass!! PLEASE HELP!!:(:eek:

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot downgrade with no blobs. And your baseband has been updated so even if you could your unlock is gone now.
    Sorry but you're sol now.
    People need to be more careful and research instead of hitting update and then finding out the hard way.

3. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Posting bad info again. That bs info posted on that link doesn't work.
    His baseband will never downgrade even if it was possible to downgrade his firmware with no blobs.
    And it's not.

5. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

then tell me why this did work for my old iphone 3gs? Answer that my friend and i'll give you a dollar, but you cant, coz it worked fine for me, so back off.
    This post is not bad - it actually works, so think again.:mad:

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe cause apple still signs 4.1 for the 3GS.
    But it's not possible ever never no matter what to downgrade firmware with no blobs period.
    Learn that instead of making the op waste hours and frustrate himself with the bs link you posted above.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you go back and read the post you reference you will see they are referring to downgrading during the beta, and the downgrade is to 4.3.5.

During a beta it is always possible to downgrade back to the official firmware being signed ie 4.3.5. However, that capability stops once 5 is officially released and it becomes the official signed firmware. That has long since happened.

A downgrade during the beta on an iphone 4 will downgrade both IOS and the baseband. However, a downgrade on a 3GS will downgrade only IOS and not the baseband and will also result in a 1015 or 1013 error when the baseband instal fails.

Therefore the information you provided is useless at this time.

8. ferzy11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your help, now my iPhone is useless cuz I cant use any other carrier because the iPhone is from the US and I am in another country, could you at least show me how to bypass the setup?:confused:

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Confirmed that Apple still signs 4.1 on 3GS where you can downgrade it from OS5 to 4.1 w/o blobs.

10. ferzy11 thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I do it?

11. nmork macrumors regular

Note that he said 3GS, not 4. Apple is only signing 5.0 for the iPhone 4 afaik.

But...

You'll need to download the correct firmware if you don't have it already. Once you have that, just open up iTunes and connect your phone, hold shift and click restore, and find the firmware file you downloaded. If it doesn't work, it's because Apple is no longer signing that firmware version.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant do that either, that's for the iphone 3GS only.
    The only thing you can do now to bypass activation is to hactivate using redsnow and JB.
    Remember that will be a tethered jb and still the phone wont connect to any sim but AT&T's.

13. SaaJ macrumors newbie

Hi

Were you able to sort your iPhone out? I am also stuck up in the same situation. However, I was able to jailbreak it. It works only on WiFi now. It does not latch onto a GSM network.