How to download Keynote presenation and releated videos to iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Apr 13, 2018.

1. hajime macrumors 601

Hello, since I upgraded to 10.13.4, Keynote does not work. For presentation in an environment that might not have access to internet, I want to download my Keynote presentation and related video/photo files to my iPad locally. Could you please let me know how to do it? Thanks

2. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

Does not work can mean a lot of things. But, if it works when you are on a WiFi (at home for instance), simply open keynote on the iPad. The file can be in your iCloud, or several other cloud locations (Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, etc). Simply opening the file will download it you your iPad.

Once downloaded to your iPad, then go to the location and do your presentation. Leave the Keynote app running in the background with the document open if you must.

If you cannot launch Keynote, remove it from your iPad and re-download it from the App Store.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 601

I think there is a misunderstand.

After I upgraded to 10.13.4 on my MBP, whenever I try to launch Keynote, it gives me an error that it cannot be opened. I read that there is a compatibility issue between 10.13.4 and Keynote.

Anyway, I need to give a Keynote presentation. Since it is not compatible with 10.13.4, I want to copy the Keynote presentation file and a folder of figures/video files all to my iPad PRO and give the presentation using my iPad PRO. The problem is I will not have internet access that the venue. I need to "some how" copy the files from my MBP to my iPad PRO. I am asking how to do it.

4. techwarrior macrumors 65816

techwarrior

I am having no issues with Keynote in 10.13.4. You can try deleting then re-downoading it.

By default, Keynote saves presentations to iCloud. This is true even if iCloud Drive is not enabled for Desktop and Documents sync. There will be a Keynote folder in your iCloud account. If you save it to another folder on your Mac, just move it (or copy it) to iCloud then open it on the iPad.

If you open the Files App on the iPad, you should see it there. Then open it, while on WiFi and keep it open on the iPad until the presentation is complete.