How to download only songs via iTunes no folders?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shankar2, May 12, 2017.

1. shankar2 macrumors 6502

Hi whenever I download all my Itunes Match songs on my Mac Sierra, the Itunes automatically starts making folders into my folders and in the folders are the songs!

I just want to download all my songs into my backup drive without all the folders it organizes!

I tried in Preferences/advanced "Keep itunes media folder organized" and unchecked it... but still it makes all these folders!

I just want all the mp3 songs into one folder! Is there any way to do this via itunes or any third party software? I'm using a Mac sierra os. Thanks

2. QzzB macrumors regular

QzzB

Don't know of a way to do this directly, as its the default way iTunes downloads. The option you mentioned is to update the folder when importing rather than downloading from iTunes directly. Its always safer to store one album in a folder rather than all of the tracks of multiple albums in the same folder as the names could get messy, same track names or long album plus track names resulting in long filenames.

Could use Automator or a search in finder to find all of the tracks and simply drag them out into a single folder. Might get some name clashes, which is probably why the downloads works in such a way.