Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1madapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
UT
Here's the problem. My ipod is full and I got bored with my albums. I'd like to exchange some music, because I have a better selection in my iTunes that I'd like to be in my ipod. How can this be done?

1madapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
UT
I have 2800 songs in my ipod, but 3800 in my iTunes. It says that my iPod is full when I try to sync.. :confused:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Make a playlist with the music you want, then sync that.

If only 2800 songs will fit on the iPod, then you cannot fit 3800 songs on there.

1madapple

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
UT
lol. I know. What I did was click the manually manage music checkbox, but it still said that it was full. Ok, thanks, I'll try the playlist thing.

Thanks xlii, I'll have a look at that.

xlii

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2006
Millis, Massachusetts
RJS is correct. Learn how to use playlists and my favorite... the smart playlist. You have to set up iTunes so you get control of what goes on your iPod. Right now iTunes just puts songs on there until your iPod is full. You have to unselect that checkmark and set it up to only load your playlists onto your iTunes. You can create playlists and drag the songs you want into your playlists or you can use smartplaylists. If you use smart playlists you can quickly set it up so each smart playlist = 1 album... or make each playlist have all the songs from one artist. Plus there are may other ways to use the smart playlist.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Plus there are may other ways to use the smart playlist.

Yes, what I do is create a smart playlist that includes any song that has a 3 star rating or higher. Then, as I rate songs, it adds them to the playlist. That playlist is synced to my iPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.