General How to Fake My Location w/o JB? I'm at 7.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HappyDude20, May 3, 2014.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

When I was jail broken I would use fake my location which worked flawlessly. However before traveling abroad I was forced to restore my iPhone and iPad to 7.1.1 so as to have realize devices while I was abroad, at the behest of having jail broken devices.

I'm simply wondering if there is any work around to faking my location, perhaps preferably without a jailbreak, but if a jailbreak was possible with 7.1.1, I'd be for it as well.

All is help truly appreciated regarding the topic and can reply in furthering the discussion at hand.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Unless you have iPhone4, no JB for 7.1.1 and without jailbreak no location spoofer.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

A VPN would be your best bet of changing your location on stock iOS. It isn't really faking your location but redirecting your traffic to another country and then to that site

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'll give this a shot right now but when I was in Europe last week I was using a VPN service with the server in the US and I still remember Facebook knowing I was in Europe, never mentioning any US location.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

6. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

locations are tracked by IP address, not GPS

7. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Are you suggesting a VPN will then work?

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Ideally, it should

9. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I know a ton of people that use VPN to change location to other countries. Works great and if you pick a good pay VPN like PIA, you'll barely notice using it 24/7. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

10. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

A great alternative to that would also be hotspotshield

pick whichever one you like best. i think both should come with a trial (hot spot shield comes with a 7 day trial)

11. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you so much, I'm on it now and will report back here in the next your or two.

12. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I tried hotspot, I wasn't really a fan. I got PIA and it was the better of the 2 for me but it's a lil more. But I locked in the price for 29 a year during a sale.

13. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Okay so I'm trying out Spotflux, which I used abroad in Egypt.

However I do remember using this service and Netflix still not working saying "Netflix isn't available in your country"

I installed spotflux in my MacBook Pro and when I'm logged into Facebook, Facebooks 'where are you' lists locations in Turkey and Instanbul. However I can do this manually without a VPN if I just type in turkey or Instanbul into my Facebook status update.

As for iOS devices and spotflux, even when the VPN service is on it'll give me the same true location that I'm at, regardless of the VPN being set elsewhere.

Admittedly however I'm using the spotflux free trial and don't believe I'm allowed to choose when my VPN server is located.