How to find all of my pictures

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by boomhower, Apr 15, 2014.

1. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I want to be able to find all of my pictures and get them off my Mac so I can start over. I use iPhoto but have various folders of files spread around I don't know for sure are on there. Is there a way I can find everything and get it off my Mac and then bring everything back in under a correct iPhoto library. It's currently a mess and I don't have the piece of mind I want that everything is accounted for. (also a way to find a delete duplicates would be great as well.)

2. simsaladimbamba

Use DupeGuru or Find Duplicate Files or Decloner to scan for and delete duplicate files.
    More can be found here.

As for finding all images or photos, you can always try Finder and its search function. This guide, while a bit older, should get you through the basics of advanced search parameters.

3. krispy777 macrumors newbie

I Lost all of my photos on Aperture

I was running my old 10.6.2 mac and decided to upgrade to Mavericks.
    When the computer restarted, I realized that everything was saved except for thousands of Aperture photos. Are they lost forever? What can I do to recover them?:(

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You weren't running 10.6.2, no App Store so no Mavericks option. 10.6.8 maybe? Or 10.8.2?

Depending on what version Aperture you had before, the library format may vary. Do you see the library on your hard drive? How large is it?

5. krispy777 macrumors newbie

I was running 10.6.8

I was mistaken, yes, it was 10.6.8