How to fix this stuff in iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuzo, Mar 6, 2013.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

E[​IMG]

Kinda sick off iTunes doing this, how to properly fix?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Change all of the artists names to just Rick Ross, then it will be sorted into one Artist. I personally like the difference, then I know where to find specific songs/albums.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

yea its one of the biggest pet peeves of mine. just go in and change all of them to just "Rick Ross". i usually click the first song, hold shift then select the last song to edit. this will highlight all of them so you can change them all at once.

i think its stupid how they always put the featuring thing in there. it makes things so disorganized.

4. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

No fix for it? Well I'll do it the way you described.

Thanks

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Leave the "Artist" field set with the full name, and set "Album Artist" to just Rick Ross. This should group everything together, but individual songs will still list the "featuring" when you play or search for them.

Note: This works in iOS 5.1.1; I'm not sure about 6.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

what do you mean "no fix for it"???? we gave you the fix.

go into itunes and change the artist names to all say Rick Ross and leave out the "featuring xxxxxxx". this will file all of the songs under one artist instead of 10 different ones. then resync your phone. problem solved.

7. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

8. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Note that you can edit the files all at once. Just select them all (all the Rick Ross ones) in iTunes and change the properties. You don't have to edit them one by one.

9. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

which is what i said. on a PC, click the first song to edit, hold shift, then select the last. it will allow you to select them all and edit all at once..

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, this is what I do. I don't want to change the artists listed on individual songs and this is what the Album Artist field is for. It works in iOS 6.1.2 and iTunes Match. ;)

11. psychometry macrumors regular

Technically that's correct. The Artist field might vary even within an album. The Album Artist field is the one that should probably be uniform.