Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKwak

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
I inserted a blank CD-R into the iBook to check what it was and it was a software for the PC.
Now I can not eject the cd after pressing F12.

The cd is also not letting me shut down the iBook completely. :/ If I shutdown, it stalls and not shutdown.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
So by "blank" I am assuming you mean "nothing written on it"? ;)

Can't you eject it by dragging it to the trash? Or hitting Command-E?

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
iKwak said:
I inserted a blank CD-R into the iBook to check what it was and it was a software for the PC.

The cd is also not letting me shut down the iBook completely. :/ If I shutdown, it stalls and not shutdown.

What about forcing it to shutdown with the power button and keep the mouse key depressed as it's booting up?

If not, is there something on the CD drive like a small pinhole where you could have it manually released?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
iKwak said:

Open Disk Utility and unmount the disk, then eject it (still inside Disk Utility).

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
There have been rumors that using the eject in iTunes actually works better than F12 sometimes. I don't know why, but it did work for me once when I have something stuck in my computer.

BEN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.