How to get 2 phones on same plan with new carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Domino8282, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

I'm planning to get two iPhone 5S's on launch day if possible, one for me and one for my wife. We are changing from AT&T to Verizon.

When I tried doing a mock order on apple.com for the 5C to see what the process was like, I ran into two snags:

1) I got a warning message that when setting up a family plan, you cannot order two iPhones. You actually have to wait until you receive and activate the first device and then order the second one.

2) The ordering system didn't recognize my address. We just moved into a new apartment complex with a new street name, so for whatever reason it isn't in their system.

I'm thinking our only option at this point is either going to Verizon at 8:00am on Friday and hoping for the best, or calling Apple when their phone system opens (do they take phone orders at midnight or not till morning)?

Has anyone been through this scenario that can comment?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I haven't gone through this with Verizon, but when I switched my family to AT&T we did this same thing. Online we couldn't get them all at once so we just went to the store person and the sales rep got us our iPhone 4s's.

3. mookgiants macrumors member

You can do it through the carrier. I ran into same problem with apple.com, order through the carrier you are getting the service on directly and you will have no issues. I ordered two 5c's on verizon.com last friday on new family plan with no issues