How to get $25 off ur AT&T bill by yelling about how ur f**king iPhone 4's reception

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gizabo, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gizabo macrumors regular

So, I called AT&T and yelled about about my iPhones reception...

I was telling them how every time I try calling my mom, dad, friends and others, the calls always drop. I told them It took me five phone calls to reach their number because it kept getting dropped. I argued how my old iPhone 3GS never had this problem...

Then, I argued that the only solution was to get a "bumper", which would be an extra $35 (w/ shipping and tax)... I told her

The best she could do was give me $25 off my bill... But it was worth it...

Tomorrow Im calling apple support and saying the same thing, hopefully they give me a bumper.

2. mantan macrumors 68000

Way to beat down AT&T for something that is clearly a problem with Apple's hardware, proving once again a customer can b1tch and whine their way to just about anything just to get them to **** and get off the phone.:confused:

3. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Better check the back of the iPhone bud,  made it- not AT&T.:rolleyes:

4. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

AT&T sold me the phone, but still, guess you're right

5. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

This is seriously a bad idea, the problem isn't with AT&T this time, "magically." Don't bash them if they honestly don't deserve it.

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Good work all around!

Either ATT or Apple killed my pre order, and I have been taking it out on every rep I can get on the phone or at the store.

It is time they learn we are not talking this BS anymore.

7. Sedin macrumors member

You and your parents should be ashamed. What gives you the right to treat another human being like that? You scream at them as if THEY personally did this to your phone. Hell, you scream at them like they killed your puppy. "With all due respect," you've gotta be kidding me.

8. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

They still sold ME the phone though, didn't they? I mean yea its Apples fault but you know how frustrating it was? I had maybe TWO phone calls today that didn't drop! All the others did! I called AT&T sooo many times, and it kept dropping! And it was fine before on my 3GS!

9. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

My parents? My parents had nothing to do with this.

EDIT
    And I was not yelling, I kept a calm voice. I kept telling her, multiple times "I apologies Im not trying to take this out on you, but its frustrating"

She said she understands. I never raised my voice ONCE

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Don't bash regardless. If the OP quoted what they said then they were wrong. Adults should be able to get their points across in an adult manner.

I didn't like the fact that I was being charged an $18 upgrade fee and I was able to get it waived just by letting them know I wasn't happy about it.

11. Sedin macrumors member

Your parents raised you.

And your title says "how to get $25 off ur AT&T bill by yelling about how ur F**cking iPhone 4's reception."

Your title, not me making something up.

12. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

I dont think what I did was bad. I did it cause they advertised a phone that works, which doesn't work. I only made two successful phone calls today. All the rest were dropped. And the only way I can fix that is if I add another $35 to the $200 order? Really?

I was just making a point to them that what happened is really annoying

13. geneticfusion macrumors member

Yes, because AT&T knew there could be a design flaw in the iPhone and they went ahead and sold it to you anyways, so they owe you something because they sold it to you. Man, they really have it out for you.

Learn something about situations like this. AT&T has nothing to do with manufacturing, nor designing it. All of it was done through Apple. Apple sent it to AT&T and they are saying "Okay, it's good to go." So yes, be a whiny brat to someone who didn't do anything, you'll get far in life.

Dude, seriously grow up. AT&T doesn't owe you anything, you got lucky.

14. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

You're right about the title. I appologize for thats just me being a little over-dramatic. Sorry.

But again, no right to blame my parents

15. geneticfusion macrumors member

Get your story straight. You already said you yelled, in the topic title and the first sentence in your post. Don't change your story because you didn't get the feedback you wanted. Also, you never mentioned you apologized in the first post. Also, it's funny that you all of a sudden bring up you were calm, yet no mention of it in your first post.

16. Sedin macrumors member

Your parents raised you.

17. gizabo thread starter macrumors regular

Ok heres the story, honestly...

I didn't yell, I may have cursed once. But i didn't raise my voice. I just made it seem like that, I dont know why. But I didn't.

And yea I didn't get the feedback I wanted lol, at all. But im just saying I did not yell at ALL.

18. geneticfusion macrumors member

Oh this is just getting better and better.

You have no right to blame AT&T. See, I can do the same thing. Hypocritical, much?

19. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

C'mon. Bashing AT&T is cool. And hip. But you have to write it like this—AT$T to get the full effect.

My daughter pooped in the tub yesterday. I called 611 and furiously let the CS lady have it.

20. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I've always had really great luck by being polite on the phone, not a jerk. Second, people think they can talk to anyone however they feel like. It's not just embarrassing and classless, but in general, shows how selfish the person is and their lack of concern for anyone but themselves. The CS reps are real people and are just trying to do their jobs. It's tough enough without some of the worst types of people thinking they are awesome because they can yell at someone that can't sock them in the jaw. Telephones and message boards breed real toughness.

21. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

When will people learn that the CSR you're talking to is human, and is never personally responsible for whatever it is you're upset about? It always blows my mind when I witness this kind of behavior. I think a customer service job should be a requirement along with a high school diploma, so self-entitled twats learn how to treat people.

I work for an airline. We get canceled flights due to weather which we are not liable for in any way. Guess who gets put up in hotels anyway? NOT the ones who get in my face and yell. :rolleyes:

22. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

This makes no sense. Apple made the defective hardware, they are responsible, not ATT. I dont get angry at NewEgg if i get bad ram, thats Crucial's fault.

23. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

The people like you that try to milk everything you can get... You shouldn't of called AT&T to complain for a refund. You could get a free replacement from Apple, because some of the phones don't have the issue. (my phone has no signal issues) That was really immature and rude of you. You shouldn't of posted it in the forums, ending up looking like a massive QQ kid. I hope Apple doesn't give you a free bumper, you don't deserve one.

24. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

How are you ***** iPhone 4's reception anyway? And why would AT&T care about something so personal? :confused:

25. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I guess when you go to your local supermarket and buy a Kelloggs or Campbell product and you have a problem with it you call Kelloggs or Campbell. The retailer is always the first point of call for any problem with a product and the manufacturer will tell you so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.